Adventures of a teenage author...

This is Marta, author of the Darkwoods series and of Marta's Blog. I created this blog specifically for blogging about my 2015 study abroad adventures in Europe, but it's becoming the blog for all my travels. I hope you enjoy all the pictures and stories!

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Thringvellir - The Althing!

The Althing was the world's very first recorded parliamentary meeting between the lords of Iceland. It was first held in 930, and believe it or not, is still the official government. It meets in Reykjavik now, but Thringvellir was the site of the very first Althing. (By the way, I heard the word pronounced all-think, which is how I remember what it is. In a parliament, everyone is supposed to think, so it's all-think. Terrible, I know, but it works.)

Pictures!

















By the way, in case I haven't said it before, feel free to download any pictures on my blog and use them for computer backgrounds and other approved uses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment